Monday, November 12, 2012

Winter Wonderland

The view from every window of our home is quite enchanting today, as long as we're standing INSIDE the house! I LOVE Winter with it's crisp, clean and fluffy first snowfall. I do NOT love driving in it. Along with so many blessings in my life; being 'retired' is one of my most cherished. But, since "Idle hands are the devil's workshop", I'd better start checking off my "to do" list for the day!

THANKSGIVING COUNTDOWN:


Day 1: I am thankful to be cancer free!
Day 2: I am thankful for my amazing, selfless husband, Jack.
Day 3: I am THANKFUL for our 6 amazing, unique children and 4 beautiful grandchildren. What a perfect blessing they have been to our lives. I love them each more and more every single day.
Day 4: I am thankful for my amazing parents; George (92) and Elaine (86) who have been married for 67.5 years, and raised 5 of us on a farm in ND where we learned valuable lessons of life while attending church every Sunday morning and eating 3 meals each day together at the table. What a blessing to have them.
Day 5: I am thankful for my faith, my Savior, and God’s arms that hold me up through thick and thin.
Day 6: I am thankful for my family: 3 brothers, one sister, and 17 cousins (and their significant others;), and a huge boatload of nieces and nephews and 2nds, 3rds, and greats!
Day 7-I am thankful for the privilege of teaching for 22 years, losing my hearing, (yes…that in retrospect has been a blessing), and learning to teach again-Christian Yoga, this time around!

Day 8- I am thankful for Daisy, my hearing dog. I call her my “GoddoG”, and if you’ve watched her alert me to my phone, doorbell, or timer, you understand why. She’s an amazing little rescue Rat Terrier, and I am very grateful we found each other.

Day 9-I am thankful for my fleece sheets, warm house, warm car full of gas, and seat heaters on this snowy day as I get ready to drive over the river and through the woods to Jaxon’s house to babysit (another blessing I’m thankful for).

Day 10-I am thankful for the 12 step program.

Day 11-I am thankful for ALL of these amazing, selfless, men and women…those before, those now, and those in the future. Thank you and God Bless you all.

Day 12-I am thankful for the "Winter Wonderland" view from every room inside the warmth of our home. (get ready, AZ, I'm coming soon!!!)

PRAYER WARRIORS:
Please continue prayers for Steve and Sylvia Hammer,  Becky and family/Mom, Jim and Marilyn Erdman, and all who are hurting, suffering, fighting the good fight, hungry, cold, and/or lonely.


No comments:

Post a Comment