Wednesday, June 19, 2013

T.U.R.T.L.E.

6/1/13

So….I got to thinking many of you wouldn't believe that I have turtles in every room in my home, and thought I'd show you just how crazy I really am!

We have…. (and no, I do NOT have them all named)----think I'm THAT CRAZY?!?!?


ENTRY


Guest Bathroom Wall


Guest Bedroom


Guest Bathroom counter


Bathroom counter


Kitchen Window Sill


Bathroom window




Kitchen Breakfast bar


Dining Room Window Sill


Laundry Room


Living Room


Main Hallway Window Sill
Now…with all of those turtles scattered around my house, I can't help but be reminded of where my heart and soul should be: 
                                           
                                                 T-OTAL  
                                                 U-ENDING
                                                 R-EVERENCE
                                                 T-O 
                                                 L-ORD
                                                 E-MMANUEL

6/19/13

I wrote the above turtle section a few days ago, and debated whether or not to post it….I've opted to leave it. Most of you already know that I am a bit whacko….so, I decided it really doesn't matter WHAT I post in my blog…you also know that I'm ADDWOM, and that is really a very legitimate excuse for my craziness! ;) (and I KNOW there are many of you out there who share the "gift" of ADDWOM, thus, fully understand this unique behavior of mine)!

I have signed up for several daily devotionals via email, and also read from Jesus Calling and YouVersion on my Bible app. Many of my shares on this blog are either shared directly from these readings, or food for thought in my writing. I find it interesting how often times those various readings are comparable in their message. For example, today's message from Sharon Jaynes asked the question, "What would you do today if you knew you only had a few months to live?" This was followed with a story about a young mom shopping for perennials with her two small children-she was ill and was told she had one month to live. Rather than spending her days fussing and worrying about schedules and cleaning, etc., she chose to spend time making lasting memories with her loved ones. Thankfully, I'm not facing her situation, however, I was reminded that we never know how much or how little time we have on this Earth. 
My Jesus Calling reading for today had a different twist to the message, but basically boils down to this: Spend less time fretting about laundry, cleaning, and materialism, and more time with people we love and Jesus. I loved the first paragraph, "I am the firm foundation on which you can dance and sing and celebrate My Presence. This is My high and holy calling for you; receive it as a precious gift. Glorifying and enjoying Me is a higher priority than maintaining a tidy, structured life. Give up your striving to keep everything under control-an impossible task and a waste of precious energy." (Jesus Calling-June 19) 
I had a bit of a reminder of the importance of today's readings yesterday. My day began fairly "normal", and at precisely 9:50 a.m., it evolved into one of those 'GL' days. (for those of you new to my blog, Jack coined GL=Gannon Luck; I translate that as=God's Love) Anyway, I was nearing the end of my Faith Stretch Yoga class, when one of the attendee's husband came to the door. She went out and came rushing back in to tell me her son-in-law had been in a head on collision. My instant thought flashed back to December 7, 2002, when I answered the phone call at 9:00 a.m. while walking through my bedroom. That phone call we, as parents, never want to get. That phone call that dropped me to my knees. My instant thought was "THANK YOU, GOD, for sparing Kyle from a head on collision and giving him new life!" As I shared my praise with the Lord, I also begged Him to lead me that moment and to give me the words and clarity of mind to handle the situation at hand. As always, our Amazing God did just that. We circled the woman with prayer before she left, and continued to end our cool down portion of the class with much prayer and meditation. That incident alone, was a strong reminder of just how precious life is. That realization came to a direct "in the face" moment when I learned later in the day that the accident had happened on the highway that Jill and my precious grandchildren had traveled literally seconds before the accident happened. 

My emotional roller coaster ride didn't end there. My dear friend and Christ-Centered yoga classmate from MT had come for a visit, and after having lunch (and green smoothies, of course;) she dropped me off to pick up my car from getting the oil changed. I paid up and went out to start the car, and the key wouldn't turn. Long story short…(right, GG!!) 4 mechanics and about an hour later, (the exact time I was supposed to meet Jill at the dentist to pick up Tatum so she could go back to work) my car remained 'locked up', and Jill was on her way (not happily to say the least) to pick me up. I spent the remainder of the day taxiing kiddies from daycare, home, and then back again to pick up Mommy from work (which was an unknown time due to the Dateline photoshoot) Thank goodness for texting, as we were able to pin point the time and work around baths for the kids, and get there so neither the kids and I or their Mommy had to wait. After driving me home (20 minutes East), and then back to their home (30 minutes West), the little ones were able to finally get to their beds. This all transpired simultaneously with 8 phone calls to the mechanic, and umpteen texts with Jill. It just so happened that the loaner cars were all checked out, and wouldn't be back in until 5:00 p.m. When that didn't happen, and I was told I would be called when it came in, (and THAT didn't happen) I came to the conclusion that I would be walking or experiencing a "first" and get on the transit, if I wanted to go anywhere! Suffice it to say-yesterday was most definitely a "CALGON-TAKE ME AWAY" day! 

GL (God's Love) coming through today-loud and clear! I contacted a locksmith who thinks it's a worn out key. He'll be heading over to work on my key/car in an hour or so!! YAY! I won't have to take the transit!!!! (and, no, it is NOT on my bucket list!!) I'm getting caught up on laundry, and GG'S Journey! It's a cloudy, rainy day today, extreme opposite of my mood. I am so grateful for the many blessings in my life=Healthy, safe family; warm, dry home; a car to drive (most of the time;); healthy, nourishing, organic food to eat; the list goes on and on….and I will attempt to follow my readings to day. I will live my day as though it is my last, and I will glorify and give Jesus a higher priority than maintaining a tidy, structured life. I will give up striving to keep everything under control-an impossible task and a waste of precious energy." Remember: YOLO! (for those of you who don't know what this means, stay tuned!)

I hope you will consider doing the same.

"I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live," Psalm 104:33

ANOTHER TIDBIT:


Whether the weather be good
Or whether the weather be not,
Whatever the weather
We’ll weather the weather
Whether we like it or not.
(thanks, Janel)

PRAYER WARRIORS: Please pray for my Aunt Ramona, as she struggles with lung cancer; my Aunt Doris, healing and restoring strength away from her home, and all of my cousins who are supporting and loving their Mom's through these trials; Steve, as he continues to fight the good fight (25th round of chemo); Cousin Loren-also FTGF, finished his final round of chemo not long ago; My dear yogi friend's son-in-law; many dear friends out there who are struggling in relationships/marriages; and for all those who are hurting, crying, suffering, hungry, cold, wet, and needy.

6/19/13 (Later in the day)

CAR UPDATE: Still waiting on the locksmith….:) He should know in another 45 min. IF he can fix it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment