Wednesday, February 4, 2015

No More Facebook for this Addict!

Hello fellow bloggers! I finally made the decision to bite the bullet and deactivate my Facebook account. Feels SOOO GOOD! I have been extremely busy completing projects and accomplishing multiple tasks daily-but, for some reason, I have managed to avoid finishing this blog post for over a month---again! I guess staying off Facebook for me, gets me off my laptop completely! And, that, I believe is a good thing.

Before I go any further; I want to share with all of you the deep sadness our family endured through the Christmas Season, as my sweet Aunty Doris went to be with Jesus. She was the epitome of a selfless, kind, gentle-spirited woman. My prayers continue for her 7 children and families as that hole in their hearts slowly heals.
In memory of Aunty Doris-her "Happy" place

This past few weeks has been quite an adventure as we plan and await our "Brand-Used" manufactured home here in Apache Junction, AZ. The phrase, "Opened a can of worms", could have been written from all we're dealing with! The 1967 double wide trailer had to be removed in order to get the newer home in, and that in itself has been quite the fiasco. First of all, we gifted it, (it was either that or demolish it) Even though the trailer is very old and not legal anywhere in AZ without extreme upgrading, it has been well kept, and other than the outdated wiring, is a very comfortable home. Between the irregular rains we've been having and all the red tape cutting and hoop jumping; it's been the ultimate test of our patience! We've literally worn out the Serenity Prayer! We've heard "the trucks are coming tomorrow" so many times, we simply looked at each other and smiled when we heard it again last night after hanging around all day waiting for them to appear. We have managed to find much humor in it all. And, really, isn't that the best way to handle most situations in life? With humor? When situations like this fall in our laps; things that are completely out of our control, the best way to get through them is to simply smile. Or laugh. It's either that or be miserable. I choose the happy part.
So, as we wait for "they'll be here first thing in the morning" one more time, we get busy working on other projects to pass the time. We've managed to finish several projects during this wait time-and it always feels great to complete something. (especially of me-who has several started/unfinished quilting projects in closets [well, the garage, now!] both here and up North!!)
Last year Jack and I built a garage and my art studio. We are nearly finished with the interior, and I love how it's all come together. I shared pictures of the outside last year, but if you look closely, Jack added his finishing touch last week (while waiting for the trucks)



As the chalkboard drawer says: This is my HAPPY place! And it is. Jack has made supper the past three nights as I was working/playing away in my "woman-cave". I am blessed for sure!

Yesterday was spent in the sunshine starting project #63. 

As many of you know, I am one of those "queens" of recycling - new term: repurposing. I managed to scrounge up a few items that were in and under the old trailer. This is just a beginning, but some of you may get the idea. I'll share the finished "dreckio" soon. FYI…Dreckio is my created word for Drift/Deck/Patio. This little creation boasts our old pump from the Richey Ranch. Yes, I've packed that thing all over 5 states where it has proudly pumped (faux) water into a pond, creek, or bucket. And, No, I am NOT a hoarder.
Yes, that's snow!


As I complete this post, the sun has risen, a dove drinks from Mom's water fountain, and the quail are scampering around searching for a few left over seeds. The majestic Saguaro are plump and happily smiling at the neighbor's flag gently waving in the early morning slight breeze. All is good up here "On Top of the World" (My Dad coined that title for his homes here in the foothills of the GoldField Mountains) Other than missing my kids and grandkids way too much, I am in one of the happiest places I've been in my life.




 Until next time…...

No comments:

Post a Comment