Saturday, May 19, 2012

DAILY-MORPHED to WEEKLY!

I think this GG's Journey blog has transformed from daily posts to weekly at best. You know the old saying, "no news is good news"! And my life over-floweth with good news lately! Let's take a look at my list of counted blessings:

1. Radiation DONE
2. cancer FREE!
3. Recently returned from a heavenly trip to Cannon Beach
4. Moved from one heavenly place in the country to a new heavenly home 5 minutes from town.
5. Live 30 seconds from pristine lake's edge.
6. mountain, rocks, pine trees literally out my back door.
7. 7 different species of birds feeding from my feeders.
8. A brand new healthy grandson to snuggle and kiss on.
9. Married to thee most amazing man ever, who spoils me rotten and treats me like a queen.
10. Three of the most awesome, unique, loving kids and kids-in-law anyone could ever have!
11. Three additional beautiful, creative, healthy, intelligent, loving grandchildren.
12. A fantastic little hearing dog to alert me to my phone, doorbell, and timer.
13. Hearing that has stabilized and seems to NOT be disappearing completely as doctors predicted.
14. 3 loving and caring church families who continue to pray for us whenever we ask.
15. GOD's GRACE

WOW! Writing my blessings down certainly brings to the forefront how fortunate I am. This list reminds me how grateful I am and urges me to reach out to others. I truly believe that this list of blessings wouldn't be here without Jesus in my life. It's because of Him, that I have this list. Walking the journey I've walked this past several months brings that fact home to me loud and clear. I am so lost without Him. Every so often I think back to various events in my life that took place prior to my finding out that I had breast cancer, and I am simply amazed at the suddenness and shock of it all. There is no way that I could have made it through all of the waiting, the wondering, the worrying, the pain, the trusting doctors, the appointments, the apprehension, the fear, and the anger-without leaning heavily and minute by minute on the Lord. He held me up through it all. He brought me through it in shining colors! He is an amazing God, and I am feeling more thankful today than I ever have in my entire life.

When my dear, sweet, grandmother, "Grandma Rode" died at the age of 101, several years ago; we all sang this beautiful old hymn at her graveside. If I listen very carefully, I can still hear those beautiful words resonate up from the Adrian valley-so beautiful, so rich, so true…

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound. That saved a wretch like me. 
I once was lost, but now am found…was blind, but now I see.


T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear. And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear…the hour I first believed.


Through many dangers, toils and snares…we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far…and Grace will lead us home.


The Lord has promised good to me. His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be….as long as life endures.


Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail, and mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil, a life of joy and peace.


When we've been here ten thousand years….bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise…than when we've first begun.


"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me…
I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now, I see."


NO JESUS, NO PEACE.
KNOW JESUS, KNOW PEACE!


PRAYER WARRIORS: Please continue praying for: Greg, Betsey, Sandra, Kelli, Jo and Jon, Ike and Dawn, Mark and Corine, Jim and Marilyn, all others who are hurting, lonely, ill, in pain, homeless, and/or fighting the good fight.


Last of the countdown!
Day 1:



41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you need.

42. The best is yet to come...

43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

44. Yield.

45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."

P.S…..not to brag, but if you enjoy reading funny, enlightening blogs, visit my kids': http://ryanjillnagle.blogspot.com/ and http://kylegannon.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment