Sunday, March 4, 2012

Chickens???

Definitely Spring Fever! I've been remembering back on our little place in Glendive with goats to milk, and chickens to raise for meat and egg layers. Funny how those memories run deep. We took a little road trip today out to Jill and Ryan's just long enough to have a bite of lunch and read Miss Tatum a story before her nap. Jill asked how much work it was to raise baby chicks. Unfortunately the nice pullets we bought a couple years ago became coyote dinner last Fall. Jill's been searching on craigslist to no avail. Guess the coyotes in the entire county were fed well! Talking with her certainly brought back that "farm-girl" feeling. I'm ready to head to Big R and buy a couple dozen chicks! If that wasn't enough to get me going, I just read son, Kyle's blog, and he was talking about the same thing; how he and Kelli had been discussing where they'd like to live-farm or city. He shared his fond memories of raising chickens for eggs and goats for milk…..those were the days, my friend…we thought they'd never end….



I got so busy with Baby N.  and Tatum quilts yesterday, the day got away from me before I had time to enter a post here! So, with that day missed, I'll post two countdowns.



Ten Reasons to Come to Jesus:


10. Luke 2:11 - "Jesus is the Savior, come to Him and be forgiven and saved."



9. John 10:9 - "Jesus is the Door, come to Him and enter His provision."


8. John 6:51 - "Jesus is the Bread of Life, come to Him and feast at His table."


7. John 8:12 - "Jesus is the Light of the World, come to Him and see clearly."


6. John 10:14 - "Jesus is the Good Shepherd, come to Him and be led in right paths."

No comments:

Post a Comment