Friday, March 9, 2012

The Rest of the Story.

Last night as my eyelids were slamming shut while writing my post here, I promised you all "The REST of the Story", so, here it is:


My day of "interesting events" began several hours before the Urgent Care/ER fiasco. I've been battling pain in my big right toe for about 20 years. A podiatrist told me somewhere around 1988 that I had a "genetically deformed" toe joint. He explained that I would need surgery to clean up the problem, and when the pain got severe enough, I would schedule it. Well, the pain has gotten bad enough, (actually has been pretty knife piercing for the past several years, especially when walking) After discussing the problem with my two brothers and my cousin (two have had the surgery), I realized that it's something I must follow through with. During our conversations over the years, we've often had a good laugh at the expense of our Grandfather as we talk about who we inherited this "Toe-affliction" from. We all agree it must have been our Grandpa Herb (my Dad's father) as he lost his big toe in a water well drilling accident. I THINK this is true…hard to say for sure, as Grandpa told us all kinds of stories about how he "chopped it off", and no story was ever the same!  We are certain of one thing-he was missing his big toe, thus the reasoning that he could have had the same problem and would never have known it! 


Ok…remember ADDWOM? I think it just kicked in again. 


I've gone to two different podiatrist/foot surgeons since we moved here last June, and finally bit the bullet and scheduled surgery for March 1. Yup, you guessed it-that was LONG before that stinking little cancer tumor decided to rear it's ugly head! I had an appointment with my 'second opinion' foot surgeon to discuss alternative suggestions for staving off pain until my oncologists clear me for surgery. I thought since I was a couple blocks from my former doctor {who originally told me (seems like eons ago) my biopsy was good/no cancer, and 4 days later said it was an oops} that I would call and tell them I would be stopping by to pick up my records for my file and then have them with me for the Seattle Doctor appointment. After having a disagreeing discussion with the answering service man, (him - "That's not the way they do it-they go doctor to doctor". Me - "I have a legal right to my own personal records." Him - "I'll have to call the doctor and see what he says-he'll get back to you." Me - "I'm 2 blocks away, I'd like to pick them up now, since I live 30 minutes from here, and need them tomorrow morning." Him - "I'll have to call the doctor and see what he says-he'll get back to you." Me - BOILING by NOW…."I'll be there in 5 minutes to pick them up, Thank you (yes, I really did say thank you) Goodbye."
So…after saying the serenity prayer about 10 times and repeating my own personal verse a few times: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6, I drove home. I called my Seattle doctor, and explained briefly (yeah, right!) what had transpired, and she was so kind and understanding as she explained that I needn't worry-everything would be fine, and my preliminary forms I had faxed would be sufficient. If they needed more, they would fax for any additional records they may need. That former doctor called while I was at urgent care with Jack saying my records would be ready for me to pick up at 4:00. Obviously my records being the furthest thing from my mind at that moment, I disregarded it. Got a second message today while trying to rest saying my records were there ready for me to pick up. I did not call them back and tell them what they could do with the records-instead, I plan to politely request that they mail them to me. "Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted." Galatians 6:1-2 I really need to memorize this verse!


So…getting back to the ER…one more interesting little tidbit. Jack was fortunate enough to have two wonderful young ladies take care of him last night. The first one, an Intern, was very thorough and kind. The attending physician, a drop dead gorgeous, 30 year old, Demi Moore look-alike came in to check on Jack several times. She was amazing, not only in looks, but very professional. I'm wondering just how much influence she had on Jack's huge improvement today! We talked on the way home last night about how crazy it is that all the doctors are young enough to be our kids! We can't believe they let medical students in at age 10!


And, here it is 8:30, (correction-9:35) and I'm trying to get this wrapped up before my forehead starts slamming on the keyboard again. Today was a great day including a 15 minute mini-nap on the deck together in our respective Cabella's reclining chairs, followed by a 15 minute walk to the mailbox. Beautiful day, Jack's feeling better, and life is good. My radiation begins Thursday at 2:00, and I'll be driving Jack to his meetings in Pasco on Tuesday and Wednesday. One last little "hurrah" before I'm locked in to Sherman street once a day for 30+ days to meet with the "ZAPSTER"!


Prayer Warriors: THANK YOU those of you who prayed for Jack yesterday…once again we were richly blessed with the answers to our prayers! God is GREAT! Please continue prayers for Ike and Dawn, Mark and Corine, Betsey, Mindy, Vicky, Irena, Sharon, Jack and my BBF, Jo, and me. Please remember all of those who are missing loved ones who are now sitting in the arms of Jesus and all others who are fighting some kind of pain in body, mind, and/or soul.



10 reasons to come to Jesus:


10. Luke 2:11 - "Jesus is the Savior, come to Him and be forgiven and saved."



9. John 10:9 - "Jesus is the Door, come to Him and enter His provision."


8. John 6:51 - "Jesus is the Bread of Life, come to Him and feast at His table."


7. John 8:12 - "Jesus is the Light of the World, come to Him and see clearly."


6. John 10:14 - "Jesus is the Good Shepherd, come to Him and be led in right paths."
5. John 15:5 - "Jesus is the Vine; come to Him and abide in fruitfulness."
4. John 4:10 - "Jesus gives living water; come to Him and drink to the full."

3. John 11:25 - "Jesus is the Resurrection, come to Him and have blessed hope."

No comments:

Post a Comment