Monday, March 19, 2012

Dedicated to my brother, Harlan-in memory of Barb.


A heavy heart again….our dear, sweet sister-in-law, Barb, passed away yesterday after a massive heart attack. I, along with everyone who loved her, am in absolute shock. My brother, Harlan, has experienced far more heart ache than any one man should have to. After he lost his first wife of 35 years, Sue, to cancer 4 years ago, God brought another beautiful woman into his life. Barb and Harlan lived the fullest, most love-filled two and a half years that anyone could. They shared special moments with children, grandchildren, family and friends, talked about their dreams together, and most importantly, they remembered to "dance in the rain." There time together was far to short, but oh, so rich and fullfilling. We can all learn from having watched them. And, once again, Harlan is a "rock". He is the epitome of a faithful man and caring/loving husband. He told my sister last night: "Well, Amy, you know you have to die to get into Heaven." Barb had an "in" long before yesterday. I know, because I saw her wings here on Earth. She showed them often in countless, selfless ways. I loved Barb dearly….she was like another sister to me, and I am going to miss her very, very much. Rest in the arms of Jesus, "sis"… until we meet again.
Another reminder to all of us:
Hug and kiss those you love every single chance you get, and call them up and tell them if they don't live nearby. Life is so very precious……and whatever you do, 

                “Don’t wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.”

That's what Harlan and Barb did.





No comments:

Post a Comment