Wednesday, April 4, 2012

EASTER countdown...

Yesterday was a beautiful, 65 degree day filled with sunshine! I was doubly blessed to be able to pick up Miss Tatum after my radiation therapy, and then sit in on Jill's doctor appt. and listen to the heartbeat of our newest grandchild! Sweet moments, to say the least. To end our time outside, Tatum showed me how she gave her "girls" (the three chickens-Fireball, Ginger, and Zebra) bread crumbs to lure them back into their coop. 


My day could not have been better….well…other than my sweety being there rather than at the Masters in Augusta, Georgia. Oh yeah…he's having a fabulous time with brother, Jeff, and nephews, Drew and Luke! They also met up with brother, Jim and friend Okee, and walked up to a tee box over a hill and there stood Tiger, Phil, Bubba, and several others five feet away!


Tatum and I spent about an hour playing outside-sketching designs together and exploring. She is very inquisitive and especially when it comes to injuries-cuts, etc. She also has an extremely tender heart. Since the day after my surgery, she has wanted to check out my incisions and scars. As I was applying the 4th required lotion treatment of the day, she left her bedtime yogurt snack to run over and check to see how I was doing. As she examined my process intently, she looked up at my lymph node incision scar and said, "that's beautiful, Nana". How's THAT for starting your day off right!? 


I made her a set of "Resurrection Eggs" which tell the Easter story with an item representing each part of the story in a plastic egg. When Jill read the one about the people crucifying Jesus and Tatum pushed the nail from the cross into her hand to see how it must have felt, she got tears in her eyes and a very sad face as she said, "that's very sad". 


Our sensitive granddaughter helps us think about the true meaning of Easter and all that Christ did for us. As we remember the story this Holy week, I want to share a few of my daily Daysprings devotions with you all.


GOD'S AMAZING LOVE
His love is unquestionable-
Its power unconquerable,
It's meaning undeniable,
Its mystery unexplainable,
Its sacrifice incomparable,
Its price unimaginable,
Its absence unthinkable!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Check out our Resurrection Garden! 





No comments:

Post a Comment