Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 11

"
WORLD CANCER DAY!


Can you say, "WE HAD A GREAT TIME!"?
 My favorite 30+ year old clown in the WORLD!
 My favorite 11 year old clown in the WORLD-aka "Our Family Performer", Matthew.
 Bandit and Daisy entertained us with a 15 minute "dog tag" game. Laugh 'til tears time!
The newest family knitter-Grandma Rode would be so proud! Hannah-a master knitter!

As I sit in my favorite spot near the fire with my coffee and Daisy at my side, I am wrapped in the warmth of beautiful memories. I've had many exciting adventures in my life-kayaking the Colorado River and the Pacific coast caves, to name a couple-but it seems there is nothing more satisfying and fulfilling than time spent with family. Whether the time is spent reminiscing…(some of the stories the kids tell make my toes curl), playing games, or standing around the kitchen sharing cooking ideas, stories from days gone by and present day topics, there is one simple word that describes our family gatherings: L.O.V.E. I am full to the brim of love, contentment, and thanks. God is so good. On Jan 4. my doctor told me I had a breast cancer. Today, Feb. 4, WORLD CANCER DAY, I don't! (well…maybe one or two cells floating around in there-but the radiation therapy will zap 'em!) And the icing on the cake is: I just spent two days getting bundles of "hug therapy"!  Aaaahhhhhhhh…Nothing more to say, except: AMEN!


"See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him." 1 John 3:1


WORLD CANCER DAY!

VALENTINE'S DAY/KNEE D-DAY--10 DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment