Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Spring Fever??? So much for YOU!

With frosted trees, and crispy, sparkling snow piled deep, meandering through Costco amongst the patio umbrellas and outdoor furniture sets seemed a bit like Twilite Zone. As I pushed my overloaded cart to the car, I noticed the woman ahead of me remained "stuck" in Spring Fever mode wearing capri pants and open toed shoes!! Her blood must be a bit thicker than this former "Caly" lady's! I'm bundled up in several layers with a vest and wool coat-lacking longjohns only because I was under the impression we were nearing Spring as well. Wrong. We were blasted Saturday, and we're to get another five inches tomorrow. I guess with Ryan in Portland for the week, I'll have to put my trusty, old Lexus to work blazing a trail. (Ryan brought his 4-wheeler/blade out Sunday and cleared our long driveway for us-THANK YOU, RYAN! After a bit of sledding and helping Daddy clear the snow, Tatum took a few spins around our house in her "box" car. Not sure who had more fun-T-Bug or Nana! 


My patient, aka Action Man, is doing better after his trip to the doctor for post-op appt. He got the pain meds changed a bit, and after wincing on a few of GG's pothole dips (on the last stretch home, there are so many, it's impossible to not hit any), he crawled into bed and slept for three hours! Praise God, the pain is under control! Now, on to the therapy and working that "new plastic knee" (as Tatum calls it). He was so relieved of pain and refreshed after the power nap, he was ready to take on his birthday dinner party at Red Lobster. We made another pothole trip to town and met Jill and Tatum and Jack's sister, Linda and her hubs, Harvey. It was a fun night, and Tatum got to sing Happy Birthday to Papa for the second time. (She called him at 8:00 and sang to him and wished him a good day….'melting hearts') Jill made a yummy German chocolate cake from scratch (Jack's favorite that his mother used to make every year for his birthday). Hadn't really noticed how much weight Jack has lost until we looked at these pictures. Hopefully by the time he polishes off the last of that cake, he'll be back to normal.



When we lost electricity for 6 hours on Saturday and were snowed in until Ryan cleared the driveway, a few thoughts of "why are we living here" crossed our minds. As I looked out the kitchen window after cleaning the fridge and tossing a few over ripe apples, I was reminded of the magic here on Green Bluff. No matter how long our stay is in this place, we will always treasure the memories of the breathtaking skyline, the peaceful turtle filled pond, and the deer and wild turkeys out every window. It's a peaceful place here, a perfect place for healing and spiritual growth. Thankfully some of both is happening for us. We are blessed and very grateful.




I know..I posted TOO MANY pictures-my indecisiveness took over again-couldn't decide on just one!

Prayer Warriors: Please pray for mymom, Elaine, who had dizzy spells last week along with vomiting. After going through 2 hours worth of tests at ER, they diagnosed her with vertigo/inner ear infection. Yesterday she was plagued with sciatica problems on top of the wobbliness. Thankfully brother Harlan is down the road and has been there to help. Thanksgiving for my sis-in-law, Barb-biopsies came back negative! PRAISE GOD! Jack, who has finally gotten the pain meds regulated and is making great progress-reached 105 degrees today! May he have continued healing and relief of pain.  Please continue prayers for: Mindy (as she slowly gets off potent drugs and manages RA), Jo (my newly tattooed BBF who will begin radiation therapy soon), Irena, Sharon, Joe, (friends of my BBF) Mark (my schoolmate at the cancer center in TX) Ike (my cuz-in-law in search of the best surgeon for his cancer surgery), Dawn (my BBC who has reversed support roles with her hubs, Ike), Betsey (a 49 yr. old mom of 3 who is battling bi-lateral breast cancer), Me, as I await my mold making and tattoo party with my radiation doctor; followed by radiation therapy. And of course for all those who suffer with pain, illness, debilitating diseases, are fighting cancer, or missing loved ones who have left this Earth.

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God." Psalm 42:1

No comments:

Post a Comment