Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 12 & 13

Good Sunshiny Day my dear BB's! We have had such a fantastic 4 days with our kids and grandkids, I haven't had a moment to sit and write. Actually, when I said I was feeling a bit better each day; yesterday (Sunday) was an understatement! I woke refreshed and ready to dress for church, made the trip on the bumpy gravel road to and from, and arrived home completely restored spiritually, mentally, and "huggingly"! (I know that's not a word…but it seems to fit right there perfectly!) When I walked into the house, my body didn't automatically head to my favorite spot on the right side of the love seat. Instead, it headed to the kitchen-finished browning the burger for the crock pot of chili, cleaned up dirty dishes, and got things ready for the Super Bowl Party - actually a very, quiet, small version. 


The kids arrived a bit later, and after eating a bit, we all went outside for a walk and to watch Miss Tatum ride her 4-wheeler. It was a beautiful day full of sunshine, laughter and love


MONDAY:


For some reason I didn't sleep very well. My eyes were like dinner plates at 3:00 A.M., and then after finally drifting off at 4:30, I had a short half hour nap. Crawled out to my favorite spot on the love seat, and finally drifted off again about an hour or so later. All totaled, I may have gotten six hours, but that's probably stretching it. 


Kyle and Kelli and their two four legged girls got off around 9:00, and Jack and I got showered and headed in to town for my very first "big" outing! I got my hair cut at 11:00, we ate a yummy Thai lunch, and then went to his pre-op appointment at the Doctor's Building, (a place we are both getting much too familiar with!) We're home now, and none too soon for this lady. I probably bounced around in the truck on gravel roads and rough streets just a tad bit too much. I am ready to take a nap, so, guess this is it until tomorrow. 


I'm excited to meet with my doctor for my post-op appt. and get the go ahead for our rendezvous at my parents' second home in Apache Junction for 5 days! Golf courses and chair on the deck; here we come! LOVE that place!


I am so blessed with a wonderful, loving family. They are all so supportive and helpful. I got my house cleaned, the laundry done, (thanks Jen), meals cooked, (thanks Curt, Jen, Ryan, and Jill) wood cut and stock piled (thanks Curt, Kyle, and Jack) and lots of lovin' and hugs (thanks all of the above and Kelli, Hannah, Matthew, Tatum, Bandit, and Daisy) Bring on the Knee Surgery! We're READY!


This warmed my heart
Curtis' cap.



"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

VALENTINE'S DAY/KNEE D-DAY COUNTDOWN…8 Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment