Tuesday, February 21, 2012

EPIDEMIC?!

CALLING ALL PRAYER WARRIORS!


I thought the storm had passed, but the rain continues to pour:


My cousin and BB, Dawn, called this evening to let us know that her dear hubby, Ike, was diagnosed with prostrate cancer. That's THREE up close and personal men in my life within the past three weeks! I really pray it stops. Now. 


Our eldest son, Kyle, has been laid off since Thanksgiving, and yesterday called to tell us he was on his way to Manhattan, MT to meet with the boss at Manhattan Plumbing and he started work there today! During work around 11:00, he slipped in a muddy area and fell on his arm. He continued to work, but as his arm continued to swell and he was having pain, he decided to get it checked out. The doctor thought it looked like a break, so he had it x-rayed. He won't know until tomorrow whether or not it is broken, and they sent him home in a sling. He called his boss tonight, and thankfully he was very understanding about it all. We're praying the x-ray shows nothing, Kyle has little or no pain, and he is able to continue working.


While sharing these tales of woe with my BBF tonight, she informed me of her "when it rains it pours" story. Her friend's husband is battling brain cancer and another friend recently found out she has lung cancer. UGH! Enough already! 


I reminded my son that when we are given tests, we have TESTimonies. We have to take the good from all of this-although sometimes/some days it's difficult to find the GOOD in anything. I know that for me personally, it was a process. The cancer that was in my body made me weak and then strong; sad and then happy; miserable and then comforted; angry and then thankful; afraid and then peaceful; negative (just for a bit) and then positive. When we are told we have a cancer in our body, we must be strong, persevere, and stay on top of all the dark places. When we feel that the rug has been pulled out from under us, we must get our footing and stand tall ready to meet whatever faces us head on. 


Whether it's an illness, a cancer, a lost job, an injury, or a broken relationship, or the loss of a loved one, we must stay strong and persevere. But, the most important thing for us to do through these troubling times is F.R.O.G. If we Fully Rely On God, every weakness becomes strength; our misery becomes comfort; our anger gives way to forgiveness; our fear is overtaken by peacefulness; our negative becomes positive. We cannot do it alone. Bottom line. 


I love this secular song that I prefer to think of as spiritual:


Lean on me, when you're not strong, And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on.
If there is a load you have to bear, That you can't carry.
I'm right up the road, I'll share you load, If you just call me-Call me-Call me-Call me……..


We just need to Call Him!


Please pray for Ike, Dawn, Irena, Sharon, Joe, Betsey, Jo, Mark, and Barb….and of course all in need. 


My prayer list is getting a bit too much like Pinocchio's nose!:(

"But now, O Israel, the Lord who created you says: 'Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you, I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy one of Israel, your Savior."

1 comment: