Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 8

Woke up at 6:00 to let Daisy do her duty, crawled back into bed and woke up an hour later to beautiful, heavy, fluffy snow falling. Kind of surreal how it can go from a warm, dry, Spring feeling morning to a snow covered Winter wonderland in one short hour. Much like my days recently….jumping from one mood to another. I'm thankful the most difficult part of that journey is over. 


I called my doctor this morning to check with her about the pain and numbness on the lower side of my upper left arm. Actually more discomfort there than the incisions. I was told the nurse would call back, and decided I should maybe do something. Other than sit on the right or left side of the loveseat. So, I proceeded to clean up the kitchen, empty the dishwasher and reload it. After taking twice the time to finish that task with one arm, I returned to the trusty recliner for a rest. An hour or so later, I decided to sweep the kitchen floor. Sweeping one armed can be a bit of a challenge, but managed to do a fair job. Then it was back to my favorite spot for another hour or so. My final "workout" for the day, was a shower. Sailed right through that without seeing any stars this time! That did it for me for the day-it was back to the recliner (right side today) for good. 


The doctor's nurse called back later in the afternoon, and explained that the numbness and tingling was normal and can last for weeks and/or even months. I then asked her exactly how much I should be doing, and she said: "Nothing. Rest and heal." Hmmmmm…I haven't told Jack yet! I can't even drive until I get cleared by my doctor at the post-op appt. next Tuesday! Guess this was a bit more than what one usually thinks of "out-patient" surgery as being. 


With that said, I shall remain in my favorite spot for a few more days, enjoying my pile of 7 books, listening to Amy Grant and Michael Smith, and knitting. (I dug out a few projects I'd started about a year ago) I'm thinking this is a good "gentle therapy" for my tingling arm. Besides that, if I don't finish the slippers I started for Tatum, I'll have to skip her and give them to her new baby sister or brother! Wonder if Daddy Ryan would let his little boy wear pink and purple slippers? (NOW-before any rumors sprout-they do not know and are not finding out the gender of the new little Nagle babe-we will all be surprised sometime in early May!) I am excitedly awaiting the arrival of our oldest son, Curtis, his wife, Jen, and our other two grandkids, Hannah and Matthew! The plans are: Hang out and have fun! Board games, piano and guitar entertainment by Hannah, knitting lessons, and lots of hugging are a few things on the agenda. Kyle and Kelli arrive Friday, so when the Nagle family travels over the river and through the woods, they'll all be here again! Just doesn't get any better than that.


As I finish this blog for Wednesday, February 1, (WOW! Where did January go??) I'm noticing that I may have overdone it a bit with the knitting? or the sweeping? or the dishwashing? or the shower? hmmmm…better pop my Tylenol for the night and say, "Sweet Dreams, Blog Buddies!" 


Prayer Warriors: please pray for my former school-mate, Mark. He and his wife are headed to TX for a second opinion and possible treatment for his recently diagnosed prostrate cancer. 






VALENTINE'S DAY COUNTDOWN-------13 Days









No comments:

Post a Comment