Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 1 (35-oops!) Day 1 (36)

Good MLK Day dear bloggers,


Sunday was such a full, fun day, I didn't even make it to the blog. My daughter would explain the real reason being my ADDWOM (ADD without meds-Jack's diagnosis for me)!
The day began when I raised my head off my pillow and had a clear thought that everything was going to be just fine-and the cancer was no more. Now, that could have been a dream, wishful thinking, or planted in my mind and heart by divine intervention. No matter what the reason it drifted through my thoughts, it felt good. There's a terrific amount of power in positive thinking and prayer, and if those kind of thoughts keep me focused on the bright side of this path I'm traveling, then so be it. I do NOT want to cross over to the other side. It's simply not a fun place to be. 


I drove to our women's Sunday school class (studying a great book-Embracing God's Design for Your Life by Sheila Walsh) and was greeted by a few of my special prayer warriors. Later in the church service, I was moved to tears-again-as we sang hymns and praise songs. Tears during hymn singing is nothing new to me, the words are so powerful. I have cried anytime I have sung "Just As I Am" for as long as I can remember-even before my entire family sang it a cappella at my 101 year old Grandma Rode's graveside.  *"Strength does not equal 'No Tears'".  Thank goodness I read that quote-gives me permission to let the dam break periodically. And, break it did, when Pastor John, Patty, and Pastor Helen invited me to come forward to pray for me. As they laid hands on me and prayed whole heartedly and intensely, my heart overflowed with humility, thanksgiving, and peace-so much so, that I didn't even realize that everyone in the church (reminder: we attend a church with 7 pews on one side and 6 on the other;) came up and surrounded me with their touch, love, and prayer. It was a powerful experience that I will not soon forget. 


We walked into our house to the warm welcome of little Miss Tatum Bug! The "girls" came out to spend the day crafting, as the man of the house had traveled to Idaho to challenge the coyotes with his newest weapon. Tatum gave both Mommy and Nana a run for their money going down for her nap, but Papa saved the day, as always. We are continually puzzled by what goes on in there; Every single time he "tucks her in" after we have made countless attempts, she drops off and is sawing logs the instant he closes her door. Jill and I just looked at each other and shook our heads. Of course the Action man carries that smug look of his all the way to his "football chair". 


After spending a few hours cutting hearts from printed "All You Need Is Love" sheet music, red and white felt, and "pockets" from burlap, the crafters completed a couple Valentine banner projects. We decided it was such a therapeutic, fun experience, we vowed to at least make an attempt to schedule a crafting day once a month or so. It was an interesting combination to say the least: Jill, Miss Anal retentive/stick to one project until it's finished, and GG, ADDWOM/jump from one project to another/12 projects going and never finished! We laugh about that often-well, I laugh....Jill just shakes her head and rolls her eyes!




The day came to a close with a yummy elk steak (compliments Mr. Nagle:) dinner, and a sweet surprise shortly thereafter. I turned on my computer and opened skype and my brother popped on with my Mom and Dad! Thank you, Harlan. It was so nice to visit with them and my sis-in-law, Barb. And, amazingly enough, although there were a few tears contained within the eyes, the dam didn't break! Neither did Mom's....quite an accomplishment, after all, since she is credited with the gene that causes my frequent gushers! But, I've mentioned it before, and will most likely remind you all again, those tears are a huge part of my strength though this journey. 


Sermon today: from John 1:43-51  
GG's glean: When Jesus has an impact on our life, we are motivated to act like Philip and tell others.
"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears and delivers them; He delivers them from all their troubles. Psalm 34:17

No comments:

Post a Comment