Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 1 (47)

9:00 AM
I am rested, showered, and ready to take on the day! (not) I'm actually ready to sit in my favorite spot by the fire with Daisy snuggled next to me, as I read the pile of 7 books! I AM showered and rested, however, and very thankful for both. The pain continues to be minimal, and as I caught up on my emails/facebook/messages/msn news this morning, I realize I have much to be thankful for. I am over one hurdle, and healing-blessings!


BREAK


3:00 PM


Ok….I probably overdid it just a tad. Nothing serious, just tried to help Jack help me make a veggie drink in my new vitamix. I didn't use my left arm at all, (thus the need for his help to do the chopping, washing, etc.) But, I did stand a bit long, and probably got a bit over excited (I LOVE my new kitchen toy!) I took the doctors advice (after she scolded me and said I wasn't supposed to be doing ANYTHING) and went to bed and took a NAP! That felt wonderful! Just what I needed, and a little reminder that I really do need to do NOTHING for a bit longer. Sorry, my #2 ROCK, you'll have to play that role as "house-husband" for awhile longer. Nothing like having two full-time jobs at age 60+ with a knee that is getting replaced on Valentine's Day, huh?! 


Speaking of ROCKS, Martina McBride wrote a song especially for ME! (or so it seems) Son Kyle emailed me this morning to tell me to check it out on youtube. "I'm Gonna Love You Through It" Amazing song about my 2 most important ROCKS. I'm trying to load it on here, but haven't figured it out yet. If you get a chance to pull it up, I'll give you the same advice Kyle gave me-grab the tissues. 


AND….a few "rocks" I acquired the day of my surgery: 
 Tatum stopped by on her way to "school" and handed me this piece of coral she found in Oahu.
This beauty was a gift from Pastor Helen.


Have you ever noticed how when something happens in your life, it seems as though similar situations literally come out of the woodwork? I noticed it first 34 years ago when I became pregnant with Kyle. In the blink of an eye, I found out about a friend or was introduced to a new acquaintance who was also pregnant. The next noticeable happening of this sort took place about eight years later when our son was diagnosed with diabetes. Suddenly we knew of several children who also had diabetes. When I was diagnosed with this breast cancer, it was literally a few hours later that I learned one of my very closest friends was walking the same nasty journey I was starting. AND, my BBF, who we had just recently met at our church here on the bluff, and sits right behind us in church (you know-the "assigned seat" ritual in small churches) is nearly walking with me step for step. And on and on it goes. Within the past 5 days, this is what I've learned:


 A good friend in CA awaits several medical tests, biopsies and results. Another dear friend recuperates from her surgery/radiation AND a nasty fall between the two that broke her nose, cut her lip, damaged a tooth, and gave her a concussion. Yet another close friend anticipates the beginning of her radiation treatment. Even another friend struggles with balancing treatment for debilitating, painful RA. A former schoolmate struggles with many tests and shock/fear/questions of recently being diagnosed with prostrate cancer. The husband of a classmate (one of those "family" members I mentioned a post or two ago), also diagnosed with prostrate cancer, had surgery the same day I had mine. A dear friend's daughter, who has a rare bone cancer goes in for her 6 month tests. A former 4th grade student of mine fractured her ribs, and her brother is struggling in boot camp. Another friend is battling health problems, recuperating from kidney stone surgery, and faces cataract surgery. My pray list grows and multiplies moment by moment.


Pastor John spoke awhile back about all the trials and tribulations that fall upon us. I really like his quote from someone (can't remember the person to give him credit): 
"God gives us TESTS so we have TESTimonies." Can you just HEAR the stories of praise and thanksgiving and healing that will be coming soon!? And that's just from those on MY list. Multiply that again and again and again…..WOW! We will be shouting to the world the greatness of our God! We will be making a joyful noise!

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands." Psalm 100:1 KJV

" O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is good: for His mercy endureth for ever." Psalm 107:1

I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST FINISHED THIS AT 5:37 PM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment