Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 1 (38)


Many of you know me well enough to share my secret passion for ROCKS. To Jack's disgruntle, they are everywhere in our home. I believe I was named well: Georgia, after my Dad, George, which means "lover of the Earth". My Dad was a farmer, always and forever, and loved the rich smell of freshly plowed 'black gold' on our farm in Adrian, ND. He also shares  (or I share HIS) passion for ROCKS. I see them as such a vivid description of God's creation and all that He means to me. They are beautiful, solid, and stand firm wherever they lie. They can be used for paper weights, building walls,  and holding an empty garbage can on a windy day. Rocks are a great collection choice and make fine jewelry. I've collected heart shaped rocks for years, and added to it when my brother gifted an amazing collection that had belonged to Sue. Some of these below show you the incredible work of God's hands.


Although I am passionate about ROCKS, my most powerful and favorite of all is the ROCK of Christ. He is what's held me up through all of my trials, and holds me up today as I wait for news on my MRI yesterday. Incidentally, that was an amazing "mini-miracle" in itself! I nearly fell asleep during the procedure! Another fine example of the power of prayer! Thank you, all of you prayer warriors, once again. A very powerful verse that describes my most worshipped and praised ROCK is: The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2
Another treasure I found after we moved to WA
There is one other very, very important ROCK in my life, that I haven't mentioned enough in this blog. I am blessed with not one powerful ROCK, but, two. 

This man is the epitome of husband/father/friend/ROCK. I simply can't praise him enough for all that he does for me and all that he is. Jack is honest, trustworthy, caring, giving, inspiring and loving. He is right by my side when I wake up in the morning, (or in on his computer sending me my Good Morning message because he can't sleep), holds my hand walking to and from the doctor visits I've been making,  prays with me before each meal, and holds my hand again before we go to sleep in prayer. Jack is selfless when it comes to those he loves. He is sacrificing so much just for me. How blessed am I!?! To have two powerful ROCKS beside me constantly at my beck and call, ready to hold me up no matter what.  Now, that's powerful….I am humbled and forever grateful for these two amazing ROCKS in my life….makes all the other rocks in my collection seem pretty insignificant, that's for sure. 

I pray you all have a ROCK in your life-especially THEE ROCK. Blessings to you all, and hopefully I'll have more information tomorrow as to which direction this unpredictable path of my life is going next.

Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself is the ROCK eternal. Isaiah 26:4

No comments:

Post a Comment