Thursday, January 12, 2012

DAY 1 (31)

Well, if I start at the beginning, this would be day 31 of this journey. However, I'm a firm believer in taking One Day at a Time; therefore, this is Day 1! 


Like many of the days since this journey began with my very first annual mammogram a few weeks ago, this one was not without a few "GL" (Jack's name-Gannon Luck-for bazaar, unusual, crazy events that take place in our lives.) moments.


My morning started off with: "Kiss An Angel Good Morning" when my sweet little granddaughter, Tatum Bug, came over and crawled into bed and greeted me with a snuggle and a kiss. "Oh Lord It's Hard to Be Humble" when I'm getting so many messages from friends, family and former students telling me they are praying for me. (tears, tears, and more tears) {remember the quote!} As I moved on with my day, "Rub It In, Rub It In", I was totally relaxed with the massage Jill gifted me with! THANK YOU, DAUGHTER! 


Next stop-lobster and avocado sushi and mango and papaya lunch from Trader Joe's. Yummmmm! Moving along up Division street to Holy Family Hospital, and the GL kicks in. I went in for my lab work in preparation for the MRI next week and surgery on the 25th. Bloodwork-1 poke, we're done! EKG-5 minutes, we're done! Down the haul to check in for the chest x-ray....waiting room break. Oops....here comes the lab tech...."I'm so, so sorry...I lost your EKG when trying to send it to the other site. I really apologize...I'll be back in a few when you're finished with x-ray." Sounds just fine, right? I sat, and I sat, and I sat. About 30 minutes later, Miss EKG returns to re do the test. "Aren't you finished yet?" She asks.
    "Ummmm....No." So, the dear, apologetic Miss EKG goes up to the check-in desk and comes back to inform me that they are so sorry, but the x-ray tech called me, but I didn't hear them, so they went on and skipped me. :) Meanwhile, Miss Daisy, my dear hearing service dog is in the car shivering her little tail off, so I go out to rescue her. (the original message upon check-in was: "It'll be 15 minutes, tops.") Everything went like clockwork after that: chest x-ray, second EKG, and out of there! If I've learned one very important lesson thus far on my journey, it is: cancer is actually spelled P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E!


My next stop for the day was at my B.B., Ms Jo Ann's home. I took her the palm cross she had given me so she would have it for her surgery Friday. She gave it back to me, because her Mother had gotten her another one. She then gave ME a gift that I will treasure as long as it is in my possession and already put to good use tonight: a prayer shawl. It is absolutely beautiful-my favorite color, blue, soft, warm and comforting. Dear Jo Ann, you are one of the best blessings that have come from all of this! Thank you. (I would like to request all of you prayer warriors to add Jo Ann to your list, especially for this Friday, 1/14)


Final destination after a quick stop at Fred Meyers to buy a wheel barrow full of Kale - HOME! There's no place like it, whether you've been gone a day or a month. Shortly thereafter, Pastor Helen stopped by to visit and pray for me-thank you Helen. 


And, the highlight of my day since kissing the angel: Jack walked through the door! And now, as I check the clock and realize it is nearly 1 a.m., this silly post must come to an end. Remember yesterday's reminder: Use what you want and delete the rest! Sweet dreams everyone......and ladies; schedule your mammograms if you haven't already done so! 


Hugs from GG

No comments:

Post a Comment